What is Funfest?
As its title suggests Funfest is a day of fun for the whole family.
What makes it Fun?
- An It’s A Knockout competition involving teams from local companies and groups of friends or family, who compete against each other to win the Funfest trophy. The competitors have to negotiate large inflatable obstacles, dress in ridiculous, humiliating costumes, and get very wet in the process. It is great fun for those taking part, but also very entertaining for the spectators cheering them on.
- Aside from the main competition arena, there is lots of entertainment for the children – bouncy castle, giant inflatable slide, an assault course, games stalls, as well as entertainment from Mr. Mudge the clown, balloon twisting, and much more.
- For the adults, there are many trade stalls selling everything from cakes to jewellery, cards to toiletries, including a marquee specifically for Craft related items.
- And you will not go hungry or thirsty……There is a BBQ operating all day, selling burgers and hotdogs, pizzas freshly made in a woodburning pizza oven, crepes and candy floss, teas and coffees, and of course, the bar is open all day.
What is the purpose of Funfest?
Apart from providing a great day out for the whole community, the primary purpose of Funfest is to raise funds for local charities. It is jointly organised by three local groups – The Rotary Club of Rushden Chichele, Rushden Round Table, and Cynthia Spencer Hospice – and all proceeds are divided equally between these three groups. Obviously, the amount which goes to Cynthia Spencer Hospice is used for the continuance of the incredible work they do in providing palliative care. The other two groups subsequently distribute their shares to worthwhile local charities or needy causes as they see fit.
How is the money raised?
The money is raised in a number of ways:
- Teams pay an entry fee to compete in the It’s A Knockout competition, and also obtain sponsorship from friends, family, etc.
- Trade stalls pay a pitch fee to attend the event, or donate a percentage of their takings on the day.
- Sale of raffle tickets, with all prizes being donated by local companies or individuals.
- Advertising in the Funfest Programme.
- Sponsorship where possible for:
- Main sponsor
- Banner sponsor
- Safety sponsor
- Programme sponsor
- General donations
What are the benefits to me?
For a corporate team entering the It’s A Knockout competition, the company gets an amazing team building exercise for their staff, without the participants actually realising it. It is a good opportunity to meet outside the confines of “work” and enjoy the camaraderie that is a natural outcome of an event like this.
For the individual participants, it is great fun, competitive, and a chance to give something back to the community in which they live and work.
For any company who participates by way of sponsorship, it is a means of increasing brand awareness by having a positive association with a popular event with trusted local charities.
Cynthia Spencer Hospice, the Rotary Club of Rushden Higham and Rushden Round Table are extremely visible mediums for branding and sponsorship. All are well known and supported by every section of society. They are organisations that unite society irrespective of race, religion or political opinion. In terms of community relations, there are few better options. Also, sponsor advertising may be treated as allowable business expenses when working out your profits for tax purposes.
How do I get involved?
Contact the Organising Committee via Judy Webb at [email protected] or telephone 07593 581127.
Check out the following link: