Cynthia Spencer Hospice

Cynthia Spencer Hospice

Cynthia Spencer Hospice provides a specialist health service for people whose illness is no longer curable.  The hospice in-patient unit admits approximately 400 patients every year, the vast majority of whom are from Northampton. The hospice staff provide much needed emotional, spiritual and bereavement support to families who have a loved one at the hospice.

The day hospice provides a much-needed rest for carers and also provides patients with the opportunity to mix with other people and come into a different and stimulating environment. Day Hospice care is available one day a week.  The hospice has a range of staff working both in the hospice and using the hospice as a base – these include Lymphoedema, Welfare Rights, Hospice at Home, Therapy and Family Work Teams.

Currently the NHS contributes 70% of the running costs of the Cynthia Spencer Hospice, with the remaining 30% being raised through charitable donations to the Hospice’s Charity. Annually, the Cynthia Spencer Hospice Charity will need to raise in excess of £844,000 to help maintain the current excellent standard of care and services the Hospice provides to its patients and their families. As well as sustaining the current service the new Charity will be working closely with Cransley Hospice Trust (our Kettering based sister hospice) to increase community based support to patients in their own homes.

It is for this reason that we appreciate the direct support of Rushden Higham Rotary Club through their It’s a Knockout event which has raised almost £10,000 for the Hospice alone in the last four years. But what people don’t realise is very often when you see someone in a Hospice tabard collecting at a supermarket locally, is that there’s a Rushden Higham Rotarian underneath that tabard supporting the Hospice in a very different way.

Thank you for your support since 2012.

John Helm, Fundraising Manager, Cynthia Spencer Hospice.

Cynthia Spencer Hospice
Manfield Health Campus,
Kettering Road, Northampton
NN3 6NP

www.cynthiaspencer.org.uk